Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's been way too long!

And for that I apologize. Here's what's happened: my friend Priscilla came in to visit for a few weeks, the flatmates and I finally had our "family dinner", Priscilla and I got to spend a week in Barcelona, a tornado hit my hometown taking the life of a unique friend, I went to London, saw my friend Emily there and then just celebrated a birthday with a friend here in Swansea. So so much! Now.... let me break it down

Family dinner- yummy, lots of fun, entertaining with the smoke alarm going off (not me!).

Barcelona- Apart from a rough start (story of my life) which included ditching the original hotel we booked cause it was too far away and getting dropped off at the police station due to a language barrier, the trip was marvelous. Here are a few things we saw:

La Sagrada Familia which is an exquisite chapel renowned architect Gaudi started construction on


Gaudi's house which resides in Parc Guell a beautiful park


 the Olympic stadium


and the coast of course

It seems fitting that I be updating today. A friend of mine, Laron, was killed in the tornado that touched down in my hometown. Though we weren't best friends, Laron was a friend- one whom I toured my first haunted house with, went to newspaper conventions with, spent late nights working on the newspaper with, my advice line and helping hand with so many things. Writing is one of the things we shared. She will be dearly missed. A memorial is being held for her today back home.

I went to London only for a night with my friend Jess. While we were there, we saw the Lion King show, the Titanic exhibit and my good friend Emily. It was a lovely weekend.

It was good fun to celebrate my friend Nicole's birthday over here. I do so love celebrating!

Two weeks from Saturday I'll be making my trip home. The time has gone by so quickly! I'll be sad to leave this place behind. Mostly the people. I'm looking forward to seeing my cat and dog and car though- oh yea and of course the people haha. I haven't decided yet whether I'll continue this blog or not... hmm, we shall see. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment