Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bonjour Paris!

Part I: London
Getting there was a bit of a challenge. More so for Jay than I- because I sent him to the Queens Hotel in London. How many Queens Hotels are there in London? Probably about as many Beverly Hills Hotels as there are in Beverly Hills- oops. But once we were together it was smooth sailing from there! Well.... ok mostly haha.

The first day we saw Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Covent Garden and.... the Lion King! I had been to the others before but let me just say, the last was a favorite. I have seen Wicked, Legally Blonde the Musical, and now the Lion King but the Lion King is by far my favorite. The costumes were amazing, the setting stunning, not to mention the props and singing. Awesome, really. 

Our other day in London, we went to Windsor Castle. I hadn't ever been before so this was extra fun for me. I quite liked it. The grounds are so big! But I quite liked the town too... very medieval and folky which I like the feel of. I think the Queens Dollhouses were my favorite out of the castle exhibits. The scenery was so picturesque too.



Part II: Paris
By the time we managed to get to Paris and locate our hotel.... we were absolutely bushed. So not much happened that night except for a nice few glasses of wine haha. The next day though we went and found the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe--full day!





For the record.... the last picture is at Notre Dame. Now you might not know this... but that's why you have me... You have to get a crepe by Notre Dame. It's simply a requirement- And one you'll be all too happy to fill I promise.

Our second day, we went to Versailles. Very decadent and posh. But my gardens there are my favorite. I absolutely love just sitting and enjoying the day- and we were graced with a very beautiful one. We were very lucky. 


all in 24 karat gold by the way

this was taken in the garden of versailles- our favorite pic of the trip

Part III: Traveling
For the record... I'm not so great at knowing what's up. But I definitely missed a few big things this trip. The first was realizing that although our flight from London left at 7:20 (so we had to be there 2 hours before that), the tubes don't start operating until 7. Uh oh. So a cab ride there- ouch. But then we were ok... til I realized we were flying back to Exeter instead of Cardiff- huh? Yea... Boarding the plane took 1, 2, 3, oh yea- 4 steps and we were on the plane. Tiny plane. And the airport was about the same size: one story, one baggage claim, one terminal. Oh well, got a story out of it haha. At least Jay was a sport. 

This week I'm headed to a concert in Birmingham Tuesday (yay!!!) and then a paper due Friday (booo!!). Other than that... That's my life! Hope everyone enjoyed their break and is enjoying spring =)

No comments:

Post a Comment