Friday, February 4, 2011

15 Fun Facts- well, for the most part

1. "Isn't Texas scary?"
     This is the question I was faced with after explaining to my housemate where Oklahoma is (on top of Texas). It took me by surprise and made me giggle before asking where on earth she got that idea. Her next question was "don't people carry guns there?" I had to explain to her that guns are just part of our culture over there. It's amazing how much the idea terrifies them, yet we don't really think about it because it's become so mundane to us.

2. Classes = Success
     I'm taking two classes: Propaganda and Strategy, Marketing, and Media. The first meets Monday and the other Thursday...which means I have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday off!! Apart from the amazing schedule, I'm also just excited because I think the classes themselves will be interesting.

3. Sammy
    I miss my little girl so much! I miss Squirt too, but I think I miss Sammy worse just because you see dogs out and about with their owners so much here. It's gotten to where I wince a little bit when I see dogs. That's definitely the biggest drawback so far is being without my animals.

4. I felt productive yesterday!
    I signed up for the trip to Amsterdam, sent off letters, and went to class. Yea I was a productive Rachael yesterday =)

5. My room feels a bit more homey now
     I got a new duvet cover and a clock which I was pleased to find is battery operated so I can use it at home too :)

6. Why yes, I do have glow in the dark stars on my wall...
    Thank you for noticing. Don't lie- you're a bit jealous.

7. 8. The number 15 is my favorite so we'll make it there, just you know, being efficient here 

9. Owen had squid for dinner
     Yea... that's about all I have to say about that. They're really tiny though. Like the length of my pinky. He said they tasted very "squid-y" for the record. I know you all were wondering

10. He's one of my housemates. There are ten of us total.
      5 girls, 5 boys. No living room. Yea that baffles me as well. Most seem to just hang out in the kitchen which is just so weird if you're not eating. But I like them all. They're sweet.

11. My cute little car that got left behind
      If you know me at all, you should have known that my car would come into play here somewhere. They have them here too. Except they aren't called Honda Fit. It's Honda Jazz. I'm considering changing it's name upon my return 

12. 13. Shopping!
    Of course, I love shopping. It's not nearly as terribly priced as I thought it would be either which could be a bad thing, not gonna lie. However, where as back home I can toss my purchases in the backseat, here I'm lugging everything back to the house with me- on the bus. Makes you think a little bit more about how much you really do want what you think you like haha.

14. Speaking of shopping- I was shocked to hear there are American food stores around
     Now you may ask why there are specific American grocery stores. Apparently because these are foods that are too high in fat to legally be sold in ordinary grocery stores around. "Magical" charms (aka Lucky Charms)? There. Reese's peanut butter cups? They've got them there. Yea, crazy.

15. This never fails to make my day

I hope you enjoyed these facts brought to you today by none other than the random thoughts of yours truly. And feel free to check my Facebook for more photos! Til next time, Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment