Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yes, I've been getting around....


London the weekend before, Amsterdam this past weekend and now on to Stonehenge this weekend- whew! I love it though. Went out with the house the other night which was a lot of fun. So, now that I'm taking a moment to update (and breathe haha), here are the highlights:

London: We saw and did so much in London so quickly. Less than 48 hours! It was good, just so much. I think the worst part was just getting there so late, boarding a double decker bus, then being confined to said bus when a fight broke out due to some racist comments. Can't say I was amused. Overall though, a good time. A few of the sites we saw were the London Eye, Big Ben and Parliament, Buckingham Palace, the London Underground which is how we got around everywhere, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, Abbey Road, Millenium Bridge, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, and St. Paul's Cathedral.
Buckingham Palace

Silly as it may seem, I think Green Park was my favorite. It's the park right by Buckingham Palace. It was just a nice day, the sun came out (!!) and it was mellow. I'm one of those mellow people who just meandering and absorbing all the people and scenery is fun for me.

Big Ben

Amsterdam: I enjoyed the city, I'm glad I went- don't see myself going back. It's quite easy to see in one weekend. The one thing I did quite like about it was how laid-back and mellow it was- go figure haha. For those who don't know, Amsterdam is known primarily for it's legalization of weed and the Red Light district where prostitution is also legal. 
The canal- we did a cruise which was very nice

We saw the Anne Frank museum, the Van Gogh museum (which also had pieces of Picasso's as well), and the Sex museum. The Anne Frank museum was by far my favorite. It was the very house where her family hid. Extremely moving and worth the entire trip in my opinion.
A picture of the Anne Frank museum

Sorry it took so long to update. I'm trying though! I'm extremely excited because my friend Jay is coming to visit in 3 weeks!! Also, my family is for sure coming to Europe the last week of April which just makes everything that much better too. It occurred to me the other day that it'd be a lot easier to leave if people didn't love me so much- and vice versa. Wouldn't change that for the world though.

Stonehenge this weekend- and I'll post sooner. Pinky promise haha. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment